Monday, January 17, 2011

A sore bum

So as you can guess, I fell of the wagon - with a loud THUMP! But not from the weight loss effort, but more so in blogging about it. I guess I got really busy and somehow couldnt figure out how to fit this in. But the weight has come off... and 1-2 kgs have stayed off occasionally yo-yoing about.

I read this morning an interesting article - it is almost as if God was kicking my behind. So needless to say, I dug out the blog again.

So, here's a recap of my exploits since my last blog. (Lets not even go into the food journal ok!)

I havent been exercising regularly... but I have started back my Divine Diet plan... But I am being realistic about it, as in focusing on getting my devotion in check first. If I can commit to my devotion, then I will slowly be more consistent with my gym and exercise. I have been cutting down on chocies and ice cream, but biscuits are still my evil. So I no longer hoard biscuits at my work station.

So, today's topic in my devotion was the "why" to putting God first. There is a passage that struck me, esp since I am on the path of trying to get a new job that will be less stressful than my current one.

The apostle Paul tells us that God will give us the fruit of the spirit, which is "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control" (Gal. 5:22-23). If my life possesses all these spiritual qualities, then I truly have all these things because my life is richly blessed and in balance.

I know my life is not balanced at the moment... which is why I am starting here, BEFORE I even bother trying to get my weight in balance!

So in a nutshell, it is time to take the bull by its horns and ATTACK!

PS... not the most appropriate photo, esp when the bottom part says "and take a nap" but it is too cute not to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment