Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What's your true beauty?

Psalm 139 : 14-16
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

So, this is a struggle. The bible tells us that we should rejoice in how God has made us. And every flaw I have should also be a gift from God... so remind me again why am I trying to lose weight?

Even Mandisa sings about how God has made us wonderfully marvellous...

Well, for one, whilst I am made perfect in the image of God, He also gave me free will to decide what is good for me and what is bad. And if I know over-eating or being overweight is bad, shouldnt I do something about it?

AND, if my body is a temple, then shouldnt I do something to take care of it?

I think, (I could be wrong) both the psalmist and Mandisa was trying to focus on the fact that we should rejoice in the "me" He made, and not keep looking at someone else and say, "why cant I look like her?" or "why cant I have her butt/boobs/mouth/legs/abs/eyes/etc..."

I think when we start comparing, we lose focus of how wonderfully marvellous we were made, and therefore, lose focus on the Creator himself.

But, if we go forth to rejoice in how we were made, find ways to use ourselves and our body for His glory, then losing weight has a much higher purpose then just being able to fit into a smaller size jeans.. Losing weight literally means multiplying the talents God has given us to testify of his gifts in our lives...

Does this make sense?




No comments:

Post a Comment