Thursday, August 11, 2011

So I am back...

So after many moons, I am back. I didnt exactly fall off the wagon, but work got crazy and I started a new exercise regime that limited my time. Well, actually, once I nailed my routine, I did have time to blog... but lost the interest to do so. I blame my work - an occupational hazard I guess.

Anyway, I started a new bootcamp exercise thingy - first I did it for fun - they were having a promotion - 30 bucks for 12 sessions (which was like a 90% discount). So I thought hey, 12 sessions, 12 weeks, I can do this. It wasnt till later I saw the fine print! 3 sessions per week! And they had 3 different slots I could choose, 5.45am, 6.45am or 6.30pm. Now... exercising in the evening does not work for me. I get lazy and tired. And looking at my working hours, 5.45am was the only thing that worked. So I did this faithfully for 2 months (also as part of my lent). Didnt really loose weight, BUT my fitness level improved. So that was motivating.

Then I was travelling and sick for about 2 months... and now I am back on it again. To date, I have lost 6kgs... (BTW : I actually gained back the 3.5 I lost... *yes... hanging head in shame*, so I actually signed up cos I really needed to work out as well). I am quite proud of myself - simply because I hung in there. The exercise isnt your regular walk in the park... take a look . So I am really chuffed I am still doing it though ppl think I am insane! The support, motivation and encouragement is great!

Also recently, I am challenging myself to go to the gym as well - I really want to shake the rest of the weight by year end... That is my goal! So wish me luck! Anyway... when I went to the gym, I did something I never thought I would do - I jogged on the treadmill! I HATE jogging, but bootcamp has a lot of jogging involved... so i am trying to push my endurance. There is a jogging event coming up in October, there is a fun run of 5km... I am thinking if I can do this. I might be walking half way I think... hahaha...

Anyway, my food journal for the day :
Breakfast - Bun & Soya milk
Lunch - 2 Buns & coffee (was damn sleepy cos of bootcamp this morning)
snack - Peanuts
Dinner - (will be having) Tosai and tandoori chicken (not really healthy, but going for bible study and that is what the host is offering).

Good to be back, BUT there may be days I wont blog... as I also have a journal (the traditional kind where you write in.. hahaha) So I might just scan and upload the photos of my posting.

Later gators!

No comments:

Post a Comment